We highly recommend CAMPING, the experience of being out in the open with the BIG 5, as well as the magnificent scenery & great atmosphere is something that is very special at this event – for both cyclists and the whole family!
TENTS FOR HIRE – includes mattress, please be sure to bring your own bedding
One Man Tent – R200 Two Man Tent – R300
Back to basics is our motto in Zululand and so you can expect to enjoy the natural and rustic element of camping, with the following amenities provided
- A secure camping village will be set up in an awesome setting in the middle of the bush.
- Ablution stands will be provided – you just bring your tent, matress & bedding
- Rustic outdoor showers – each rider will experience a fire heated drum shower.(Please Note: Individual fires or braais are not permitted, as this is a protected area. All fires and food will be provided for the riders by our trained staff.)
- There will be fantastic bush cuisine available which will be eaten around crackling log fires under a blanket of African stars
The camping is limited to 200 riders and a max of 60 non-riders and MUST be pre-booked before the race.
We encourage you to come and enjoy a great bush camping experience or luxurious lodging with us, either way the weekend will consist of loads of adventure, fun and most of all mountain biking!!
For those of you not too keen on camping and fancy spoiling yourselves, accommodation can be found at a number of gorgeous lodges situated on Manyoni Private Game Reserve.
- Leopard Mountain Game Lodge – Tel 086 111 4789 – email@example.com
- Rhino River Lodge – Tel: 083 781 4924- firstname.lastname@example.org
- African Spirit Game Lodge – Tel 035 595 8255 – email@example.com
- Mavela Safari Lodge – Tel 035 940 0996 or 072 347 6438 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zenzulu Luxury Lodge – Tel 082 459 4752 – email@example.com
- Ghost Mountain Inn – Tel 035 573 1025 – firstname.lastname@example.org